Saturday 24 August 2013

Splurj at the Burj

A quick dip into Dubai's architecture then. Let's get straight to the point, by far the tallest building in the world, the Burj al Kalurj, the ultimate aspiration, shining by day, glowing by night, literally scraping the sky, and giving us all a neck ache. Simply, amazing.

The building project that is Dubai is really overwhelmingly big, and there are umpteen buildings with distinct designs, some out of proportion (usually too big!), some with more aspiration than aesthetic decency; but, in their defense (whoever they are!), most of the aesthetic details that I saw in Dubai were really well done.

Anyway, if you're reading this, then you're probably my mum, and it's about time I put a picture of me here. So, accompanied by the view from the 124th floor of the Burj (barely half way up!), here I am in all my glory:

Hellooooooooooooooo mother!
The metro was impeccable, the infrastructure generally impressive, and the sky scrapers endless ...
 

1 comment:

  1. I am.commenting to prove that it isn't just your mum who reads your blog xx

    ReplyDelete