Saturday 21 September 2013

Sheikh your booty

Let's comment on some architecture. The Dubai metro is simply fantastic. Swift, swish, and suave.
The stations are like space-age cocoons, super clean and sleek. But I was quite taken by one station in the old town. I'd reached a place where there should be a metro station, but all I could find was this small classic building.
Subtle. (no seriously, it's actually subtle - give them credit!).
It turns out, it is the station! Of course it was Friday morning and even the metro was closed. I checked out the buses in vane as the midday sun baked me into a prune and I hopped in a taxi before I became a date. I was treated to some views of the skyline which is nothing short of impressive.
Dubai skyline.

Build it and they will come, they said. They've built it, and I've come, so you have to give them credit. And, from the Burj, here's an 'inspiring' quote from his highness:
I've added a minor detail. Probably just being pedantic

No comments:

Post a Comment